Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mr. Ex-Fiance'

So after the tear streaked "break-up" with Ron I went back to the drawing board. I am completely a computer moron. Those books they write for dummies should have my picture on the cover. Believe it or not I made it the whole way to 2006 without ever hearing of MYSPACE or FACEBOOK. So as a way to try and reconnect with old friends my best friend Kathleen created a myspace page for me. While poking around and searching for random people from my past I decided to look for my fiance' from college. (Apparently the Ron incident had taught me nothing.) After a lot of indecision I sent Micky and email. I wasn't sure if he would be happy to hear from me or not. I didn't know if he was married or had children because he had his page was set to private. Almost immediately he answered and we started talking via phone and the Internet. He had been married and divorced twice and he still wasn't a father. He was now a State Trooper in Indiana where we attended college. Without much persuading I agreed to come and visit him for a few days. This was no easy feat considering that my ex-husband still viewed me in many ways as his property and full-time babysitter. Somehow though I managed to get a babysitter and a plane ticket. Things were looking up. Micky and I were talking about taking things slow, but it seemed we were going to pick things up where they had fallen apart 8 years before. Then all of a sudden he stopped answering his phone. Finally he sent me a message on myspace. Apparently over NYE he had a met a girl and decided that instead of playing both of us that he wanted to see her. From later conversations I believe that this was because she was more geographically desirable. Well thank God had it didn't fly to Indiana because a few months later he called and told me that he hated her, but she was pregnant with their first child. What a dog! So I lost my plane ticket money, but at least my dignity was preserved.

No comments: