Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mr. Company Manager

So in June I went on one date with a manager from my company. I felt that it was a fairly successful date. The chemistry was there, everything seemed fine. We discussed the fact that we both had busy schedules and that he traveled a lot. In the end, we agreed to do something again later. We picked a date a few weeks down the road when we would both be available and agreed to get together then.

Well, we work in different office buildings in different towns. We would email and text and have a very rare phone call, but that weekend came and went and all I got was a text message the next Monday that he had gone out of town to visit relatives in Vermont. I forgave that pretty easily.

Things cooled off for awhile. Then last week he had another managers meeting at my building and I was sure to wear my hottest work appropriate dress. It's a half sleeve brown cotton wrap dress with a v-neck that hugs all the right places. And when I knew that he was in the building I sent him a text saying that he should come by and say hello.

This would not seem odd to anyone since my position requires me to answer phone calls from customers in our region which is originally how we met. A few minutes later I got a text stating that he had tried to, but had been cut off by another employee and forced to go to another part of the building. I was on the phone and didn't initially see the text. So when I picked up the phone there were two messages. The second was sent one minute later and only said P.S.- Super cute dress!

So the flirtation began again and we made tentative plans to get together tonight. I had an ugly feeling in the pit of my stomach that he was just going to bale on me after the fact once again.

And guess what....I was right... Don't know how I feel. I've kinda had a rough weekend. There is another managers meeting at my location for the next 3 days and someone else who I am friends with will be in the office for the duration.

I went out for coffee with him tonight, telling him in advance that I was probably going to be stood up by Mr. Company Manager. It was really nice. Not romantic in anyway, just a friend who I have a lot in common with. Funny thing is tomorrow he is going to be sitting across from the jerk who stood me up and he'll never even know it.

No comments: